62 days..

It's officially 62 days until Noosa and it all starts today. Discipline, committment, consistency. After recovering from my poplitus injury, I went to go for a light latte ride last Thursday and promptly strained my hamstring tendon. I mean, COME ON. Am I looking for a message in all of this? So like a good athlete, went and checked myself out with Khan at Lakeside on Friday. Was told the strain was acute, no riding or running and to limit swimming until I see him again tomorrow (Tuesday). Man. Patience is honestly the 4th leg of a triathlon. Have been like a woman possessed since then, icing/foam rollering the hamstring and ITB to help nurse it back to health. It's almost September and in my mind I cannot have any more time away from a consistent routine. The Kinglake ride is on the 11th and the training camp is on the 16th and I want to be ready to go for both of those. This really could not have happened at a worse time and I have had a bit of athlete depression over the whole thing. It's something I need to work on - not letting it all fall apart the first time I get a road block.

So - swimming tonight, Khan in the morning (who will congratulate me on being such a good patient, give me the all clear so I can go to windtrainer tomorrow night - here's hoping!) and lots of positive thoughts and discipline in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment